Free honey bee swarm capture, relocation, and removal services. Several Brown County Beekeepers Association members are willing to remove swarms of honey bees. Serving Northeast Wisconsin:
- Dave Elsen 920-370-5281
- Carl Fisher 920-497-4629-leave a message. Will quickly return your call
- Steve Hupfer 920-497-1998
When honey bees swarm they are in the process of dividing the colony in two. And that’s a good thing! However, when they are in your backyard it can be scary. Don’t get overly concerned – honey bees are generally very docile when swarming. Watch a Swarm Capture.
Before calling please do your best to identify that your insects are honey bees and not wasps. Answering the following question, as best you can, helps with identification and relocation. Refer to the pictures below.
- How long has the swarm been there?
- Where are the bees currently located and what are they in. More detail is better.
- How far is the swarm off the ground?
- How big is the swarm using rough dimensions?
- Can you take a picture and send it?
- Have you done anything to the swarm? Sprayed it or disturbed it in any way?
Beekeepers may ask for a fee if they arrive and the bees are other than honeybees.